Frankie & Johnny's Restaurant
Frankie & Johnny's Restaurant Review
If you've had about all the fried seafood you can stand, try this hip spot that focuses on creative cuisine served with flair. The chef and his co-owner wife have developed a strong following since opening in 1992. There are lots of seafood, poultry, and meat options, homemade pasta choices, and always a few vegetarian dishes (special requests like gluten-free are happily accommodated). The toasted peppercorn-seared sushi-grade tuna, served with coconut risotto on gingered vegetables, is excellent. Pork served with a sweet pear cream sauce is also a signature dish. Even the breads and most desserts are made by the chef. Entrées include really large dinner salads with fruit and nuts as well as veggies atop the greens. You're welcome to bring your own libations; only cash and checks are accepted.
- Address: 1594 U.S. 1, Cape Neddick, ME, 03902 | Map It
- Phone: 207/363-1909
- Website: www.frankie-johnnys.com
- Location: Cape Neddick
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-Dec.--early Feb. Closed Mon. and Tues. July and Aug., also Wed. mid-Feb.--June and Sept.--early Dec. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
We're a family of 4 with 2 teenagers, planning to spend a week in the Boston area and wanting to spend a little time in as many states as possible. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more