Dockside Restaurant Review
On an island-like peninsula overlooking York Harbor, this restaurant has plenty of seafood on the menu, including popular dishes like haddock stuffed with Maine shrimp and "drunken" lobster—sautéed lobster, scallops, shallots, and herbs in an Irish whiskey cream. There's also treats like beef tenderloin and slow-roasted duckling. Start with seafood chowder or cakes of native crab and wild mushroom. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the stair-stepped modern dinning space transport diners to the water beyond; every seat has a water view. Lighter fare is served in the cozy mahogany bar. Dockside is part of a 7-acre property with lodging rooms and suites in several buildings, from a grand 1895 summer home to condo-style quarters.
- Address: 22 Harris Island Rd., just off Rte. 103, York, ME, 03909 | Map It
- Phone: 207/363-2722
- Website: www.docksidegq.com
- Location: York Harbor
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed late Oct.--mid-June and Tues. in June, Sept., and Oct. (sometimes no lunch on weekends because of weddings).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
Hello, my husband and I are taking a road trip from Michigan to New England in early August. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more