Goose Rocks Review
Three-mile-long Goose Rocks, about a 10-minute drive north of town off Route 9, has plenty of shallow pools for exploring and a good long stretch of smooth sand. It's a favorite of families with small children. You will need to pick up a parking permit during the summer season. You can get a $15 daily permit at Goose Rocks Beach General Store (3 Dyke Road, Kennebunkport ME 04046, 207/967-2289), just before the beach on the left. Daily, weekly ($50), and seasonal ($100) passes are available at Kennebunkport Town Hall (6 Elm St., Kennebunkport, 207/967-4243) or the town police department just off Route 9 (101 Main St., Kennebunkport, 207/967-2454).
- Address: Dyke Road, turn off Rte. 9, Kennebunkport, ME
- Location: Kennebunk
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I am taking my wife to Kennebunkport, Maine for a long weekend in June. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry ... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more