Sports and the Outdoors
Shawnee Peak. Just an hour's drive from Portland and a few miles from Bridgton's downtown, Shawnee Peak appeals to families and those who enjoy nighttime skiing—beginner, intermediate, and expert trails are lit most evenings. Five lifts serve 40 trails, four glades, and two terrain parks. There are slope-side condominiums and two base lodges with cafeterias. The main lodge also has a deck-fronted restaurant, babysitting, ski school and rentals, and a ski shop. 119 Mountain Rd., turn off U.S. 302, Bridgton, ME, 04009. 207/647-8444. www.shawneepeak.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn