The Rangeley Inn
At a Glance
- this historic hotel is the last of its kind in the region
- canoes for Haley Pond
- some marble baths and whirlpool tubs
- motel rooms have refrigerators and microwaves
- no Rangeley Lake views
- restaurants are dinner-only
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Rangeley Inn Review
From Main Street you see only the large three-story blue inn, built in 1907 for wealthy urbanites on vacation. Set back behind it is a motel with decks or terraces on most rooms and views of Haley Pond. No rooms are alike in the inn, where the many antique furnishings include brass beds and oak headboards. Larger rooms with a queen bed and two twins are popular with families. A stone fireplace anchors the roomy, low-light tavern restaurant, The Pour House. From July through October, the inn's elegant, window-lined original dining room is also open.
- Address: 2443 Main St., P.O. Box 160, Rangeley, ME, 04970 | Map It
- Phone: 207/864-3341; 800/666-3687
- Website: www.rangeleyinn.com
- Location: Rangeley
- 35 inn rooms, 13 motel rooms (including 1 suite).
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Hotel and restaurants (not motel) closed Apr., May, Nov., and Dec.; dinning room restaurant also closed Jan.--March and June.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
Way too short, needless to say, but I think we got a lot in and saw some amazing locations, met very friendly people and ate some scrumptious food!
We were visiting family in Lynn, MA and drove north o Read more
A quick overview of where we ate during out 10 days on MDI
Morninglory Bakery Cafe is our favorite, we prefer quick, smallish breakfasts. Read more
I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. Read more
· News & Features
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry... Read more
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St.... Read more
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly... Read more