- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Annapolis is normally 35-45 minutes by car from Washington, D.C., on U.S. 50 (Rowe Boulevard exit). During rush hour (weekdays 3:30-6:30 pm), however, it takes about twice as long. From Baltimore, following routes 3 and 97 to U.S. 50, travel time is about the same. To tour southern Maryland, follow Route 2 South from Annapolis, and Route 4, which continues through Calvert County.
In the summertime avoid going to Annapolis from Washington on Saturday morning or returning to Washington on Sunday evening— traffic slows to a crawl, as many Washingtonians spend their weekends on the Eastern Shore.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $89.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Annapolis Hotwire
- Annapolis Savings! Book at BEST WESTERN Annapolis Fr $140+/Nt Expedia
- $127.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Annapolis — $127 Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Annapolis Fr $157+/Nt — $157 Expedia
- $117.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Annapolis — $117 Hotwire