- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Maryland Area Rail Commuter (MARC) system has a line that runs from Frederick southwest to Point of Rocks on the Potomac River and then onto Washington, D.C. Amtrak service is available from Washington, D.C., to Cumberland. The schedules seem designed for commuters versus tourists, so call ahead.
Maryland Transit Administration. 410/539-5000 or 866/743-3682. www.mtamaryland.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Cumberland Fr $148+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star Homewood Suites Hagerstown Fr $122+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $27/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Hagerstown this May Fr $73+/Nt — $73 Expedia
- Book in Hagerstown Fr $105+/Nt — $105 Save with Hotels.com, $34/night less
- Save at 3-Star SpringHill Suites Hagerstown: $156 & Up in May — $156 Expedia