Prince George's County Travel Guide
Fodor's Virginia and Maryland
Named in 1696 for Denmark and Norway's prince (the husband of the heir to the throne of England, Princess Anne), the county was once famous for its tobacco auctions, which are still held in its southern end. Tobacco created a wealthy leisure class that enjoyed cricket, fox hunting, and horse racing, a sport still popular in the area. Much of the county today remains affluent.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Prince George's County restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Prince George's County
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $53.00 & up : 3-star hotels in College Park Hotwire
- Starting Fr $71: Great College Park Price Save with Hotels.com, $18/night less
- $69.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in College Park — $69 Hotwire
- Super Low College Park Rate: Book Fr $64+/Nt — $64 Save with Hotels.com, $16/night less
- Book 3-Star Holiday Inn Washington College Park Fr $121+/Nt — $121 Expedia
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now74° F Overcast 94% Humidity May 22, 2013 at 7:00AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The group to which I belong visited the relatively new London Town museum. Read more
After finding out that the Walters Art Museum ( http://thewalters.org/ ) in Baltimore Md. was hosting a one-day exhibit of my county's high school art students, and since my next door neighbor's work is Read more