- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kid-Friendly Hotels in Boston
Almost every Boston hotel allows kids, but a few go out of their way to make little ones feel welcome. The Fairmont Copley Plaza's resident Labrador retriever, Catie Copley, is extra sweet and family-friendly; she's also available on loan for long walks in the park. The Inn@St. Botolph's "Inn-structional" packages are fun for all ages, so bring the kids along to cooking classes (including gelato making—you get to eat it, of course, too!) or ultracool glass-blowing lessons. A stuffed animal is waiting for every child at the Lenox Hotel, where the staff puts together myriad kid-focused trips to the Museum of Science and New England Aquarium. At the Four Seasons, the Kid-Kation package lineup includes a complimentary toy at check-in, make-your-own ice-cream sundaes, a backpack stuffed with activities and games, and a cookie-making class in the Pastry Shop. If all that sounds exhausting, you could just drop your tot at the Taj Boston's Children's Suite or partake of a preplanned "Family Connection" package at the Colonnade Hotel.
If you're looking for a place for kids to splash around, the Seaport Hotel and the Colonnade have two of the best pools in the city (Note: The latter becomes a bit of a scene on weekends, so your best bet is an early weekday).
Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau. Request a "Kids Love Boston" brochure from the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau. The Web site lists a variety of family-friendly packages that include such extras as complimentary use of strollers and discounts to city attractions. 617/536-4100 or 888/733-2678. www.bostonusa.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $158 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $158 Hotwire.com