- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Several watering holes, packed onto one cozy street just off Boston Common, serve those wanting a late night out without having to crisscross the city.
Liquor Store. With a mechanical bull, stripper poles, and loud music, the Liquor Store is a place to check your inhibitions at the door. 25 Boylston Pl. 617/357-6800. www.liquorstoreboston.com.
Sweetwater Tavern. Sweetwater Tavern has a booming sound system, decent bar food, and plenty of drink options. Tuesday is trivia night; there's also live music on the weekends. Sunday during football season are all about the NFL. 3 Boylston Pl., 02116. 617/351-2515. www.sweetwatercafeboston.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts... Read more
If you want to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Bosto... Read more
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture.... Read more