- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Back Bay Hotel
At a Glance
- lively bar
- laptop safes
- Aroma Therapy toiletries
- friendly staff
- very small gym
- the bar scene can get loud
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
The Back Bay Hotel Review
"Great staff." "Great bar." "Great vibe." See a pattern yet? Travelers rave about the Back Bay Hotel (formerly Jurys Boston), one of the few hotels in the city where you can nip into the bar for a beverage and actually chat with a friendly local or two. Part of the Doyle Collection, a Dublin-based chain, the Back Bay Hotel may remind you more of Iceland than Ireland; from the bed of icy glass shards in the lobby's igloo-like gas fireplace to the puffs of steam coming from the main staircase's waterfall, its fire-and-ice decor is eye-catching. Blown-glass chandeliers and edgy statues only add to the cool appeal. The hotel gets the small touches right, such as free bottled water in the guest-room fridges, toasty down comforters, and heated towel racks. Readers praise the pub grub at on-site Cuff's Bar, a great place for a post-work cocktail.
- Address: 350 Stuart St., Back Bay, Boston, MA, 02116 | Map It
- Phone: 617/266-7200
- Website: www.doylecollection.com/locations/boston_hotels/the_back_bay_hotel.aspx
- Metro Back Bay.
- Location: Back Bay
- 223 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts... Read more
If you want to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Bosto... Read more
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture.... Read more