- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Mandarin Oriental Boston Review
Since opening in 2008, the 148-room hotel has helped redefine luxury in town (pay attention, Ritz and Four Seasons), and offers services many guests are calling "out of this world." Need your pants hemmed in 30 minutes? No problem. Feel like a pot of green tea at check-in? It's complimentary. Forgot your Gucci sunglasses? The store's next door. There is complementary house car service, too. The hotel's contemporary Asian decor does feel a tad out of place in Boston, but locals love visiting for a touch of the exotic. The limestone and marble lobby offers direct access to the Prudential Center and Copley Place, and other gallery-like public areas are adorned with art on loan from the Peabody Essex Museum. Large guest rooms—for the city, anyway—are outfitted with contemporary Asian design, soaking tubs, rain shower heads, and 400-thread-count Frette linens. Even if you don't drink, pop into M Bar for a look at the cool glass-topped, illuminated bar. And don't miss a visit to the quartz-crystal steam room at the outstanding spa, especially if you've overindulged on mandarin martinis.
On arrival, guests are greeted with a pot of green tea signaling that they've crossed over from Boston's Boylston Street into a peaceful Asian-style escape. Pale woods and silk in gold or jade green dominate the decor, and rooms have soaking tubs with rain shower heads and 400-thread-count Frette linens. Don't miss the quartz-crystal steam room at the spa.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $156 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $156 Hotwire.com
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
This week has been a strange and tragic one and we've followed the events in Boston with heavy hearts... Read more
If you want to help in the aftermath of Monday afternoon's bombings near the finish line of the Bosto... Read more
We've thought of 5 reasons for East Coasters to brave chilly temps—an afternoon of culture.... Read more