- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Arriving by Boat
Several boat companies make runs between the airport and downtown destinations. Take the free Shuttle Bus 66 from any terminal to the airport's ferry dock to catch Boston's water taxis.
Rowes Wharf Water Taxi shuttles from Logan Airport to Rowes Wharf, downtown, for $10 per person ($17 round-trip). It operates daily year-round between 7 am and 7 pm, and from April through October, 7 am to 10 pm Monday through Saturday and 7 am to 8 pm on Sunday.
Harbor Express water taxis (part of the MBTA system) take passengers from Logan Airport to Long Wharf, downtown ($10), and to Quincy and Hull on the South Shore ($12). Boats leave approximately every 40-45 minutes 6:20 am-10:30 pm weekdays, and 8:20 am-10:30 pm weekends.
City Water Taxi has an on-call boat service between the airport and several downtown locations that operates from 7 am to 10 pm Monday through Saturday and 7 am to 8 pm on Sunday year-round. One-way fares to or from the airport are $10, and round-trip tickets are $17. Service to Charlestown, North Station, and the Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal is also available for $20 (one way); if two or more people are traveling together the price drops to $15 per passenger (one way).
Getting Around by Boat
MBTA commuter boat service operates weekdays between several downtown harbor destinations, Charlestown, and quite a few locations on the South Shore. One-way fares range from $1.70 to $12 depending on the destination. Schedules change seasonally, so call ahead.
City Water Taxi (617/422-0392. www.citywatertaxi.com.)
Harbor Express (617/770-0040. www.harborexpress.com.)
MBTA (617/222-3200. www.mbta.com.)
Rowes Wharf Water Taxi (617/406-8584. www.roweswharfwatertaxi.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
- $158 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $158 Hotwire.com