- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Prices are generally higher in Beacon Hill, the Back Bay, and Harvard Square than elsewhere. You're more likely to find bargains in the North End, Kenmore Square, Downtown Crossing, and Cambridge's Central Square. Many museums have one evening of free admission each week. There are no "happy hours" at any Boston bars due to a state regulation (part of the blue laws) that forbids promotions of discounted liquor.
Prices are given for adults. Substantially reduced fees are almost always available for children, students, and senior citizens.
Reporting Lost Cards
American Express (800/528-4800. www.americanexpress.com.)
Diners Club (800/234-6377. www.dinersclub.com.)
Discover (800/347-2683. www.discovercard.com.)
MasterCard (800/627-8372. www.mastercard.com.)
Visa (800/847-2911. www.visa.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off The Westin Copley Place
- $158 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $158 Hotwire.com