- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
U.S. 6 is the only road from Wellfleet to North Truro; from there you can enter Provincetown via U.S. 6 or the slower-paced Route 6A. Expect backups when you're approaching Wellfleet, because the road goes from two lanes to one. The slowdown usually lasts through Wellfleet, then eases up by the time you reach Truro.
In summer, heavy traffic is common Saturday, when weekly rentals change hands. It's a similar story on Friday and Sunday afternoons when weekenders are making their way to and from the Outer Cape.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn