- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Aunt Sukie's Bayside Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- overlooking Cape Cod Bay
- private and quiet
- pretty grounds
- a little too far to walk to dining and shopping
Aunt Sukie's Bayside Bed & Breakfast Review
Hosts Sue and Dan Hamar treat you like you're actual guests in their home, a part-contemporary, part-antique inn with three rooms and multiple decks. It's set on the marsh grass fronting Wellfleet Harbor and Cape Cod Bay, along a quiet residential stretch of road near Power's Landing. The birds, the water, and the stunning bay views will probably be enough to keep you content in the shade of trees with a pair of binoculars. Rooms are welcoming, with flowered quilts and private decks, and the two upstairs beds grant vistas of the water without a lift of the head. The room in the antique portion of the home has a gas fireplace, a brick patio, and a grand claw-foot tub.
- Address: 525 Chequessett Neck Rd., Greater Wellfleet, Wellfleet, MA, 02667 | Map It
- Phone: 508/349-2804; 800/420-9999
- Website: www.auntsukies.com
- Location: Wellfleet and South Wellfleet
- 2 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct.--mid-June.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We're a family of 4 with 2 teenagers, planning to spend a week in the Boston area and wanting to spend a little time in as many states as possible. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country... Read more
From mid-April through Thanksgiving there is a full schedule of mostly free ranger-guided activities.... Read more