- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Finely JP's Review
Chef John Pontius consistently turns out wonderful, affordable food full of the best Mediterranean and local influences and ingredients at his beloved restaurant along U.S. 6. Housed in a handsome Arts and Crafts-inspired structure, this spot has long been a local favorite. Appetizers are especially good, among them oysters baked in a white wine-cream sauce and jerk-spiced duck salad with a raspberry vinaigrette. The Wellfleet paella and the roast duck with cranberry-orange sauce draw rave reviews. Early birds can take advantage of the very reasonable three-course prix-fixe menu for $22. Off-season hours vary, so call ahead.
- Address: 554 U.S. Rte. 6, South Wellfleet, MA, 02667 | Map It
- Phone: 508/349-7500
- Website: www.finelyjps.com
- Location: Wellfleet and South Wellfleet
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed some nights during off-season. No lunch. No brunch June--Sept.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country... Read more
From mid-April through Thanksgiving there is a full schedule of mostly free ranger-guided activities.... Read more