- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- supreme waterfront location (most rooms have direct views)
- easy access to nearby attractions and activities
- pretty reasonable for the area
- rooms are pretty standard motel fare though clean and comfortable
- a 10- to 15-minute walk to town center
Hawthorne Motel Review
Beyond the Hawthorne Motel's modest roadside appearance extends a private beach overlooking Pleasant Bay, the Atlantic, and Chatham Harbor. Nearly all the rooms have stunning water views. Choose from spotless, no-nonsense, simply decorated motel rooms or kitchenette efficiency units with small refrigerators, two heating plates, and a countertop-sink work area. There's also a two-bedroom cottage (rented by the week in season) with full kitchen and a separate living-dining room, plus amenities such as a DVD player and an outdoor grill. Down at the beach is a fire pit with plenty of wood on hand. You'll find fresh-brewed coffee and complimentary morning newspapers in the lobby.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
Mr_Glass woke up this morning, snuggled close, and said I need Hawaii, make me tartar, make me poke, pleeeze!?!?!?!
Well if you ever saw him, he is one soft faced man. How can a loving wife of 20 years Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country... Read more
From mid-April through Thanksgiving there is a full schedule of mostly free ranger-guided activities.... Read more