- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Shining Sea Bikeway. The wonderful Shining Sea Bikeway is an 11-mile paved bike path through four of Falmouth's villages, running from Woods Hole to North Falmouth. It follows the shore of Buzzards Bay, providing water views and dips into oak and pine woods; a detour onto Church Street takes you to Nobska Light. A brochure is available at the trailheads. If you're going to Martha's Vineyard with your bike, you can park your car in one of Falmouth's Steamship Authority lots and ride the Shining Sea Bikeway to the ferry. The free shuttle buses between the Falmouth lots and the Woods Hole ferry docks also have bike carriers. along Buzzard's Bay from Woods Hole to North Falmouth, Falmouth, MA.
Corner Cycle rents bikes (including tandems and children's bikes) by the hour, day, or week. It also rents Burley trailers for carrying small children and does on-site repairs. The shop is two blocks from the Shining Sea Bikeway. 115 Palmer Ave., Falmouth, MA, 02540. 508/540-4195.
Holiday Cycles has surrey, tandem, and other unusual bikes. 465 Grand Ave., Falmouth Heights, Falmouth, MA, 02540. 508/540-3549.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn