- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Winnetu Oceanside Resort Review
A departure from most properties on the island, the contemporary Winnetu—styled after the grand multistory resorts of the Gilded Age—has successfully struck a fine balance in that it both encourages families and provides a contemporary seaside-resort experience for couples. This property has units that can sleep up to 11 guests. All have kitchens and decks or patios with views. Room decor is stylish and modern but casual enough so that kids feel right at home. In addition to lodging in the main inn, there are 65 three- to five-bedroom homes available for rent by the week; it's a great option for large families, and all resort amenities are shared. The resort arranges bicycling and kayaking trips, lighthouse tours, boat excursions to Nantucket Island, and other island activities. A full slate of excellent children's programs is offered late June through early September.
Situated on the lovely New England resort island of Martha's Vineyard, the Winnetu, an all-suite property with accommodations ranging from one to four bedrooms, is an ideal spot for the entire family. In addition to the abundance of available activities like ping pong, basketball, tennis, and yoga, the resort offers complimentary children's, teen, and parent/toddler programs in summer.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off The Westin Copley Place
- $158 -- Boston: 4-Star Quincy Market Hotel — $158 Hotwire.com
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We will both be 22 years old by the time we fly out and have recently completed university. We are coming over to the USA to experience the big cities, the bars, the beaches, the culture Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more