Side Trips from Boston Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Early American History: From Plimoth Plantation to Salem, Concord, and Lexington, you can visit Colonial reenactment museums, Revolutionary War battle sites, historic homes, and inns.
Seafaring Communities: Set off on a whale watch from Gloucester or Provincetown, warm yourself after a windy coastal walk in Rockport with clam chowder, and admire the dedicated routine of local fishermen.
Revisit your Reading: Nathaniel Hawthorne's House of Seven Gables
Cranberry Bogs: The bogs' red, green, gold, and blue colors dot Cape Cod and the Plymouth area.
The Mayflower II: The story of the Pilgrims' Atlantic crossing comes alive in Plymouth.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Beverly this May Fr $140+/Nt Save with Expedia, $54/night less