Nightlife & the Arts in Detroit
Much of metro Detroit's nightlife is centered downtown and in suburban Ferndale and Royal Oak, both home to numerous restaurants, bars, and clubs that are within walking distance of one another. The city's nightlife is concentrated along Woodward Avenue between Jefferson Avenue and I-75. Metro Times, a free weekly available throughout the metropolitan area, has a comprehensive calendar of events. Also be sure to check the arts and entertainment sections of The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press as well as the "Events" section of Hour Detroit Magazine.
Browse Detroit Nightlife
Browse Detroit Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines