Capital Grille Review
A see-and-be-seen favorite of Michigan politicos and local CEOs, this dim, clubby restaurant with mahogany booths and tables is in the upscale Somerset North shopping mecca. It's known for dry-aged steak, on display in a glass-front locker. Steaks may be king here, but the crab and lobster cakes and calamari are prepared with equal skill. You'll drool over the strawberries with vanilla ice cream drizzled with port and Grand Marnier. There's also a cigar-friendly lounge.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines
Quick trip to K'Zoo...
Two great restaurants to recommend:
Kalamazoo Beer Exchange - In old coffin-manufacturing building in downtown. Three-story bar/restaurant where beer prices change every 15 minutes Read more
The planning started months ago. Read more
I would like to take my grandchildren to a nice beach on the lower coast of Michigan. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City. ... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more