Minneapolis-St. Paul Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top 5 Reasons to Go
Theater: The Guthrie Theater tops the best-of-the-best list, garnering international acclaim as one of three theaters around the U.S. to attract London's Royal Shakespeare Company. The Hennepin Avenue Theatre District brings Broadway to Minneapolis, or for something different, try one of the many experimental theaters.
Architecture: Between the world-class architects who have added their modern designs and the old art deco preserved in the historic landmarks, architecture lovers will have a full itinerary.
Mall of America: The largest enclosed mall in the nation.
Minneapolis Sound: Prince, the Replacements, Soul Asylum, Atmosphere—these local musicians define the genre that has been reproduced by artists across the country. Local darlings Bob Dylan and Mason Jennings round out that sweet Twin Cities noise.
Chain of Lakes: Minnesota isn't called the Land of 10,000 Lakes for nothing. Rent a canoe at Lake Calhoun and disappear for the day. Enjoy an outdoor concert at Lake Harriet, or head out to Lake Minnetonka for the ultimate boating experience.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $84 -- 4-Star Downtown Minneapolis Hotel Hotwire.com
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines