When to Go
When to Go
Summers in Kansas City can be hot and humid. High temperatures average in the mid-80s, lows in the mid-60s. Winters can be moderately cold with average daytime temperatures in the low 30s, and the low 20s at night. April through August are the wettest months.
The following are the average daily minimum and maximum temperatures for Kansas City:
January 21-42°F (-6 to 5°C); February 26-46°F(-3 to 8°C); March 36-58°F (2 to 13°C); April 46-63°F (8-17°C); May 58-74°F (14-23°C); June 68-83°F (20-28°C); July 72-90°F (22-32°C); August 70-87°F (21-30°C); September 61-67°F (16-19°C); October 47-65°F (8-18°C); November 35-52°F (1-11°C); December 25-46°F (-4 to 7°C).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines