When to Go
When to Go
Summers in St. Louis can be hot and humid. High temperatures average in the mid-80s, lows in the mid-60s. Winters can be moderately cold with average daytime temperatures in the low 30s, and the low 20s at night. April through August are the wettest months.
The following are the normal daily temperature ranges for St. Louis:
January 23-40°F (-6 to 4°C); February 25-44°F (-4 to 6°C); March 32-53°F (0-11°C); April 44-66°F (7-19°C); May 53-75°F (12-24°C); June 63-85°F (17-29°C); July 67-89°F (19-31°C); August 66-87°F (19-30°C); September 58-81°F (14-27°C); October 47-70°F (8-21°C); November 35-54°F (2-12°C); December 27-43°F (-3 to 6°C).
Major national holidays include New Year's Day (Jan. 1); Martin Luther King, Jr., Day (3rd Mon. in Jan.); President's Day (3rd Mon. in Feb.); Easter Sunday; Memorial Day (last Mon. in May); Independence Day (July 4); Labor Day (1st Mon. in Sept.); Thanksgiving Day (4th Thurs. in Nov.); Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (Dec. 24 and 25); and New Year's Eve (Dec. 31).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $119 & up -- Weekends at Downtown St. Louis Hotel, Save $180 Sheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites