Billings, Little Big Horn, and the Montana Plains Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Charles M. Russell Wildlife Refuge: Marvel at the eroded breaks, see elk bugling in the fall, and soak in the quiet beauty.
Downtown Great Falls: The solid Edwardian architecture and the quirky shops satisfy contemporary visitors.
Billings Rimrocks: Possibly the best spot in the West for Kodachrome sunsets.
Fort Peck Reservoir: Rent a boat and ride down this sprawling lake in June or July.
Big Springs Trout Hatchery: Tote a picnic to this oasis outside Lewistown.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Billings Fr $87+/Nt Expedia
- $93.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Billings Hotwire
- $8.95 & up : Compact rentals in Billings Hotwire
- Book 3-Star Hilton Garden Inn Billings in Billings Fr $239+/Nt — $239 Expedia
- $9.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Billings — $10 Hotwire