- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Many roads lead to Great Falls, and drivers have several options for getting here, depending on whether scenery or speed is the goal. From points west, one of the prettiest routes is dropping down from Highway 2 just east of Browning to Highway 89. The winding road has great views of the Rockies, and the little town of Choteau is a perfect place to stop to stretch your legs. If efficiency is the aim, take Highway 2 east to I-15 at Shelby.
The street layout in Great Falls is a standard grid, with avenues running east-west and streets north-south. Several one-ways make it easier to get from one end of town to the other while avoiding the busy traffic on Central and 10th Avenue South. Great Falls Transit, the city bus system, runs six days a week. And Great Falls is a bicycle-friendly town.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Billings Savings! Book at Quality Inn Homestead Park Fr $130+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Extended Stay America - Billings - West End Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- $8.95 & up : Compact rentals in Billings Hotwire
- May deal: Holiday Inn - The Grand Montana Billings Fr $151+/Nt — $151 Expedia
- $9.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Billings — $10 Hotwire