- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Historic district Review
Great Falls has many stories to tell in its historic homes and businesses, including the beautiful brick buildings of the railroad era. There are more than 200 historic houses and small businesses along the east bank of the Missouri River. The structures reflect various architectural styles, including bungalow, prairie, colonial, Queen Anne, Victorian, and Second Empire.
You can obtain brochures for one- to two-hour self-guided walking tours at the Great Falls Information Center. 15 Upper River Rd., 59405. 406/771-0885 or 800/735-8535.
Or catch the Great Falls Historic Trolley for a comprehensive tour given by people passionate about the area. 406/771-1100 or 888/707-1100. www.greatfallshistorictrolley.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $93.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Billings Hotwire
- May deal: Extended Stay America - Billings - West End Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- $11.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Great Falls Hotwire
- $92.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Billings — $92 Hotwire
- $8.95 & up : Compact rentals in Great Falls — $9 Hotwire
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more
My wife and I are planning a trip to briefly explore northern Idaho and part of Montana in mid-July. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more