- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Within eastern Montana, frequent commercial flights—generally via Salt Lake City, Seattle, Denver, or Phoenix—are available only to Billings and Great Falls. Thanks to subsidies, regularly scheduled flights on small twin-engine turboprops are available in many small towns, and charter flights can be arranged. Because the region is so isolated, flights here from anywhere in the country can be pricey—often more expensive than coast-to-coast flights. Some residents of the region drive as far as Bismarck, North Dakota; Rapid City, South Dakota; or Gillette, Wyoming, to catch departing flights.
Allegiant Air 702/505-8888. www.allegiantair.com.
Delta 800/221-1212. www.delta.com.
Great Lakes Airlines 800/554-5111. www.greatlakesav.com.
Horizon 800/547-9308. www.horizonair.com.
Northwest 800/225-2525. www.nwa.com.
United 800/864-8331. www.united.com.
Billings Logan International Airport 406/238-3420. www.flybillings.com.
Great Falls International Airport 406/727-3404. www.gtfairport.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Great Falls Hotwire
- Book the Collins Mansion 3 Nts in May Fr $111+/Nt Expedia
- $10.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Great Falls Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Great Falls this May Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Expedia
- $9.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Great Falls — $10 Hotwire