- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A dwindling number of bus companies connect most communities of 1,000 residents or more; smaller towns may not have service. Expect high ticket prices; depending on where you're going, taking the bus can be almost as expensive as flying, and because of the great expanse of Montana, it can take infinitely longer.
Greyhound Bus Lines 406/245-5116 or 800/231-2222. www.greyhound.com.
Karst Stage 406/556-3500. www.karststage.com.
Powder River Transportation 307/674-6188.
Rimrock Stages 406/245-7696 or 800/255-7655. www.rimrocktrailways.com.
Silver Eagle Shuttle Inc. 406/256-9793. www.montanacustomtours.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Great Falls Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $135+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Great Falls Fr $136+/Nt Expedia
- $7.95 & up : Compact rentals in Great Falls Hotwire
- Great Falls Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $72+/Nt — $72 Expedia
- $10.75 & up : Midsize rentals in Great Falls — $11 Hotwire