- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak serves the isolated communities of the Hi-Line with its Empire Builder line, running one train each way daily from Chicago to Seattle. The tracks run nearly parallel to U.S. 2 the entire length of the state. Trains stop in the towns of Glasgow, Malta, Havre, Wolf Point, and Cut Bank, among others.
Amtrak 800/872-7245. www.amtrak.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Billings Hotwire
- Billings Savings! Book at Days Inn - Billings Fr $87+/Nt Expedia
- $8.40 & up : Economy rentals in Great Falls Hotwire
- $81.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Billings — $81 Hotwire
- $12.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Great Falls — $13 Hotwire