Granite Park Chalet
At a Glance
- beautiful scenery
- difficult to access
- far from services
Granite Park Chalet Review
Early tourists used to ride horses through the park 7 to 9 mi each day and stay at a different chalet each night. The Granite Park is one of two chalets still standing (the other one is the Sperry Chalet). You can reach it only via hiking trails. You must bring sleeping bags and your own food and water, and you need a reservation. A rustic kitchen, limited refrigeration, and pit toilets are near the chalet. You can park at Logan Pass Visitor Center and hike 7.6 mi or at the Loop Trailhead and hike uphill 4 mi.
- Address: 7.6 mi south of Logan Pass on Going-to-the-Sun Rd., Glacier National Park, MT | Map It
- Phone: 888/345-2649
- Website: www.graniteparkchalet.com
- Location: Glacier National Park
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.--late June.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $86.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Kalispell Hotwire
- May deal: La Quinta Inn & Suites Kalispell Fr $165+/Nt Expedia
- $22.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Kalispell Hotwire
- Visit Kalispell for Less: Hotels Fr $76+/Nt — $76 Travelocity
- $23.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Kalispell — $24 Hotwire
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more
My wife and I are planning a trip to briefly explore northern Idaho and part of Montana in mid-July. Read more
· News & Features
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips. ... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more