- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can rent snowshoes through Big Sky Rentals for use on the resort's 2-mi Moose Tracks trail, which wends through aspen groves. Snowcrest Lodge, Plaza Area, Big Sky, MT, 59716. 406/995-5841.
The kids-only Outdoor Youth Adventures program at Lone Mountain Ranch includes building snow caves, tubing, snowshoeing, playing snow kickball, and cross-country skiing over snowy trails and through obstacle courses. 4 mi west of U.S. 191 on Lone Mountain Trail, Hwy. 64 and ½ mi down gravel Lone Mountain Ranch Rd., Big Sky, MT, 59716. 406/995-4644 or 800/514-4644.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines