- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cargill Outfitters, which is just over the Continental Divide, 20 minutes east of Butte, offers two-hour to full-day horseback trips into the Highland Mountain range. 40 Cedar Hills Rd., Whitehall, MT, 59759. 406/494-2960. www.ironwheel.com.
You can speed-skate on ice at the U.S. High Altitude Sports Center with international speed skaters or beginners. The ice track is open for general ice skating as well; call for times. Skate rentals are available. 1 Olympic Way, Butte, MT, 59701. 406/494-7570.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Horseback Riding
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Bozeman: Save at the Days Inn Bozeman in May Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- 3-Star Residence Inn Bozeman Fr $151+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bozeman Hotwire
- Look no Further! Bozeman Hotels Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Travelocity
- $17.95 & up : Compact rentals in Bozeman — $18 Hotwire