- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
B Bar Ranch
At a Glance
- a rare chance to enjoy winter ranch activities
- owners' strong commitment to ecology is evident
- ranch access involves travel on gravel roads. Pros: or con: absence of phone and TV is a blessing or a curse
B Bar Ranch Review
In winter this 9,000-acre working cattle ranch invites guests for spectacular winter adventures in cross-country skiing and wildlife tracking. The ranch shares a 6-mi boundary with Yellowstone National Park, in Tom Miner Basin, 36 mi south of Livingston. Sleigh rides and naturalist-led trips into Yellowstone are some of the activities. Rates include meals and activities, and there's a two-night minimum stay. Four-wheel drive is recommended for reaching the ranch. Pros: a rare chance to enjoy winter ranch activities; owners' strong commitment to ecology is evident. Cons: ranch access involves travel on gravel roads.
- Address: 818 Tom Miner Creek Rd., Emigrant (24 mi south of Livingston), MT, 59027 | Map It
- Phone: 406/848-7729
- Hours: Closed Mar.--mid-Dec.
- Website: www.bbar.com
- Location: Livingston and the Yellowstone River
- 6 cabins, 3 lodge rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Bozeman: Save at the Days Inn Bozeman in May Fr $88+/Nt Save with Expedia, $22/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Hampton Inn Bozeman Fr $136+/Nt Expedia
- $9.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Bozeman Hotwire
- Book in Bozeman: Save this May Fr $77+/Nt — $77 Expedia
- $8.95 & up : Compact rentals in Bozeman — $9 Hotwire
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more
Hi all, two girlfriends and I are flying into Billing and staying in Columbus for the evening. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more