- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lone Mountain Ranch
At a Glance
- guests praise the cozy lodgings
- wide variety of adventure and nature-oriented activities
- not a working ranch
- accommodations range from old cabins to modern lodge
Lone Mountain Ranch Review
Four-night to one-week packages include seasonal activities such as naturalist-guided trips to Yellowstone, cross-country ski passes, and kids' camps. The ranch, known for its Nordic Ski Center, maintains 85 km (51 mi) of groomed trails for classic and skate cross-country skiing. An additional four trails totaling 10 km (6 mi) are for snowshoers only. Some activities cost extra, such as horse-packing trips to alpine lakes, fly-fishing, and downhill skiing. Lodging ranges from historic cabins to an elegant log lodge. Partake of a night of backcountry sleigh rides, dinner, and entertainment.
- Address: 4 mi on Lone Mountain Tr., and ½ mi down gravel ranch road, Big Sky, MT | Map It
- Phone: 406/995-4644; 800/514-4644
- Website: www.lmranch.com
- Location: Big Sky and Gallatin Canyon
- 23 cabins, 7 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct., Nov., Apr., and May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bozeman Hotwire
- Starting Fr $153: Great Bozeman Price Hotels.com
- $9.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Bozeman Hotwire
- Lewis and Clark Motel in May: $101 & Up — $101 Expedia
- $8.95 & up : Compact rentals in Bozeman — $9 Hotwire
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more
Hi all, two girlfriends and I are flying into Billing and staying in Columbus for the evening. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more