- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Summit at Big Sky
At a Glance
- all the facilities one could wish
- near slopes, shops, and restaurants
- some miss the intimacy of smaller properties
- attracts conventions
Check Rates from our Partners
Summit at Big Sky Review
Along with having an absolute prime location at the foot of Big Sky's chairlifts, the Summit Hotel now has bragging rights for having hosted the First Family during President Obama's August 2009 visit to Montana. A Euro-Western flavor decorates the spacious rooms and suites, which are ideal for discriminating business travelers and families looking to be at the center of the mountain action. The best things about the Summit just may be the underground, heated parking garage, unusual in Montana, and the outdoor, year-round soaking pool.
- Address: 1 Lone Mountain Trail, Mountain Village, Big Sky, MT, 59716 | Map It
- Phone: 406/995-5000; 800/548-4486
- Website: www.bigskyresort.com
- Location: Big Sky and Gallatin Canyon
- 213 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr.--late May and early Oct.--late Nov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more
Hi all, two girlfriends and I are flying into Billing and staying in Columbus for the evening. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more