- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Missoula International Airport operates flights daily with several major airlines. Most hotels have shuttles to and from the airport. Greyhound bus lines provide service to Missoula also. By car, it is 120 mi south of Kalispell via U.S. Highway 93, and 200 mi north of Bozeman via Interstate Highway 90.
Missoula is home to the Adventure Cycling Association (formerly Bike Centennial), so it's no surprise that the city has more bicycles than people. Exploring by bicycle is popular and easy: downtown and the university district are relatively flat and have bike paths and bike traffic lanes; many storefronts are adorned with bike racks. Within the center of the city walking is a good option, too, particularly given that parking is at a premium and that the university itself is a car-free zone. Dozens of walking and biking paths wend through town. The Missoula Valley and sights on the outskirts of town are best explored by car.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $85.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Kalispell Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Kalispell Fr $165+/Nt Expedia
- $21.95 & up : Compact rentals in Missoula Hotwire
- Visit Kalispell for Less: Hotels Fr $89+/Nt — $89 Travelocity
- $19.95 & up : Compact rentals in Kalispell — $20 Hotwire