- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Campgrounds across the region vary from no-services, remote state or federal campsites, to upscale commercial operations. During July and August it's best to reserve a camp spot. Ask locally about bears, and whether or not food must be stored inside a hard-side vehicle (not a tent). Avoid leaving pets alone at campgrounds because of wildlife confrontations, and because it's against the rules at most campgrounds.
KOA, Kampgrounds of America. MT. 406/248-7444. www.koa.com.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks. MT. 406/444-2535. www.fwp.mt.gov.
U.S. Forest Service. MT. 406/329-3511. www.fs.fed.us/r1.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $85.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Kalispell Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Kalispell Fr $165+/Nt Expedia
- $21.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Kalispell Hotwire
- Visit Kalispell for Less: Hotels Fr $94+/Nt — $94 Travelocity
- $19.95 & up : Compact rentals in Kalispell — $20 Hotwire