Silver Jack Inn
At a Glance
- funky artistic decor
- eclectic menu
- Baker is too laid back for some
Silver Jack Inn Review
This tiny motel surrounds a cozy lawn with trees and a patio—a nice place to relax in the early evening. The motel also rents out three off-site efficiency units. Rooms are simple, quiet, and, most importantly, close to the entrance of Great Basin National Park. The Inn's funky Lectrolux Gallery Café and Movie House serves up just-baked pastries, piping-hot coffee, and a surprisingly varied selection of wine, beer, and spirits—not to mention breakfast, lunch, and dinner according to season. Movies are shown every Wednesday and Saturday evening.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
The lovely shores of South Tahoe call my name We will have a 4-day weekend to spend there: from July 4, Thursday through July 7 Sunday.
Anybody up for a GTG? We will arrive mid-day, anybody there fo Read more
· News & Features
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it. ... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more