- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace Review
The Forum Shops resemble an ancient Roman streetscape, with immense columns and arches, two central piazzas with fountains, and a cloud-filled ceiling with a sky that changes from sunrise to sunset over the course of three hours (possibly goading shoppers to step up their pace of acquisition when it appears that time is running out?). The Festival Fountain (in the west wing of the mall) puts on its own show every hour on the hour daily starting at 10 am: a robotic, pie-eyed Bacchus hosts a party for friends Apollo, Venus, and Mars, complete with lasers, music, and sound effects; at the end, the god of wine and merriment delivers—what else?—a sales pitch for the mall. The "Atlantis" show (in the east wing) is even more entertaining: Atlas, king of Atlantis, can't seem to pick between his son, Gadrius, and his daughter, Alia, to assume the throne. A struggle for control of the doomed kingdom ensues amid flames and smoke.
If you can tear yourself away from the animatronic wizardry, you find designer shops and the old standbys. For fashionistas, there are all the hard-hitters: Christian Dior, Gucci, Fendi, Pucci, Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, and Balenciaga (whew!). Pick up your diamonds at Harry Winston, DeBeers, or Chopard, or go for a sparkling handbag at Judith Leiber. If your purse strings are a little tighter, there are always the ubiquitous Gap or Abercrombie stores. Cosmetics queens will keep themselves busy at the MAC Pro Store, one of only six in the country. And, you can't miss the flagship Victoria's Secret with its provocatively posed mannequins designed to look like the Victoria's Secret Angels. The mall is open late (until 11 Sunday through Thursday, until midnight Friday and Saturday).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $23 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off — $23 Caesars Entertainment
I am planning a road trip from Sacramento to Denver end of June. Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more