- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
THEhotel at Mandalay Bay Review
If James Bond were staying on the Strip, something tells us he'd book a suite here. Elaborate wet bars, giant 42-inch plasma TVs, plush carpeting, dark wooden desks, floor-to-ceiling windows, and mirrored wardrobes at the foot of the most comfortable beds on the Strip all add up to the perfect bachelor pad. The property is connected to the rest of Mandalay Bay but also has its own lobby and check-in, swank coffee bar, see-and-be-seen lounge, and respectable 24-hour restaurant. Guests of THEhotel enjoy full use to Mandalay Bay's sprawling pool complex and beach, as well as access to the Bathhouse Spa and THEgym. It's all unquestionably high-end, but rates are surprisingly competitive with other leading hotels. At this writing the property is expected to rebrand as the Delano in early 2014.
Pardon us if we sound like we're gushing, but we can't get over this place. Hands down, this is the mother of all Vegas pools. The experience includes an 11-acre beach spread with a huge wave pool, a Euro-inspired topless pool with plush daybeds called the Moorea Beach club, a meandering river, and some of the cushiest cabanas in town. It was a tough choice with so many other Vegas contenders in the running, but they just can't beat the Mandalay.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T — $116 American Airlines
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more