- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Roller Coaster
The Roller Coaster Review
There are two reasons to ride the Coney Island-style New York-New York roller coaster (aka Manhattan Express): first, with a 144-foot dive and a 360-degree somersault, it's a real scream; and second, it whisks you around the amazing replica of the New York City skyline, giving you fabulous views of the Statue of Liberty, Chrysler building, and, at night, the Las Vegas lights—you climb to peak heights around 200 feet above the Strip. Get ready to go 67 mph over a dizzying succession of high-banked turns and camelback hills, twirl through a "heartline twist" (like a jet doing a barrel roll), and finally rocket along a 540-degree spiral before pulling back into the station.
- Address: New York-New York, 3790 Las Vegas Blvd. S, South Strip, Las Vegas, NV, 89109 | Map It
- Phone: 800/689-1797; 702/740-6969
- Cost: $14; all day-ride pass $25
- Hours: Sun.--Thurs. 11--11, Fri.--Sat. 10:30 am--midnight, weather permitting
- Website: www.newyorknewyork.com/attractions
- Location: South Strip
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $23 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off Caesars Entertainment
- $75 & up -- Las Vegas Family-Friendly Resort w/Breakfast Desert Rose Resort
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $24-$42 -- Classic Las Vegas Strip Hotel, Save 40% — $24-$42 Riviera Casino & Hotel
The lovely shores of South Tahoe call my name We will have a 4-day weekend to spend there: from July 4, Thursday through July 7 Sunday.
Anybody up for a GTG? We will arrive mid-day, anybody there fo Read more
· News & Features
Keeping up with what's hot on the Vegas Strip feels like a full-time job...unless you follow @VegasBill... Read more
When your friends ask what you're up to over the weekend, you can say you'll just be on the green with... Read more
Las Vegas visitors have a new club to splurge on: American Express has opened their Centurion Club a... Read more