New Jersey Shore Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Top Reasons to Go
Victorian Cape May: Sea breezes in the state's southernmost town come with a hint of historic charm. Only San Francisco has more Victorian-era homes.
Birthplace of the Boardwalk: Skee-ball, doo-wop, and fist-pumping reality TV stars have defined boardwalks at different times. Before all of that, there was Atlantic City, home to the first, the longest, and, arguably, still the best.
Great Migrations: Sunbathers aren't the only ones who come in flocks. Cape May's marshlands attract countless birds in the spring and fall, making it one of the country's great birding destinations.
Entertainment by the Sea: Las Vegas is too far away. Indian casinos don't have the ocean backdrop. For luxurious new resorts, big-ticket performances, and gaming along the east coast, there's only Atlantic City.
Endless sand: Nearly 130 miles of white sand beaches. So why again do they call it the "Garden State"?
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $119 -- Two-Bedroom Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Condo, 40% Off SeaSide
- $99 -- Dallas 4-Star Hotel w/Breakfast & Parking, 40% Off The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel