- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
Washington Inn Review
Pull out your good shoes and jacket: you're dining in an 1840s Victorian plantation home that's romantic enough for the O'Hara's of Tara. The Washington Inn has five dining areas, one of which is a wine cellar where 10,000 bottles await the uncorking. Flights of wine are available for those who prefer to take their cues from the sommelier. As for your meal, you can't go wrong starting with rock shrimp and lobster bisque, followed by bacon-wrapped twin pork tenderloins, and a dessert of fresh berries and chocolate mousse.
- Address: 801 Washington St., Cape May, NJ, 08204 | Map It
- Phone: 609/884-5697
- Hours: Memorial Day--Columbus Day, nightly; Mar.--May,Oct., and Dec., Fri.--Sat.; Jan., Feb, and Nov., Sat. only.
- Website: www.washingtoninn.com
- Location: Cape May
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $167* & up -- Flights to/from Tucson on American, R/T American Airlines
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $470 BookIt.com
- $109 & up -- Anaheim Hotel across from Disney, 45% Off Bookit.com
- $675 & up -- Sheraton Kauai: 3-Nt. Vacation w/Car Rental Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel
2nd time in AC in 6 months. Read more
This past week my partner, Peter, and I flew down to my place in Naples, Florida for a few days, then spent five days driving my little 2 seater convertible up to NJ. Read more
Hi, bad weather next week is forcing us to cancel our plans for a beach destination on the memorial day weekend
Is there a drivable (3-4 hours) destination from NJ that would be ideal (with good weather) Read more
· News & Features
Atlantic City's been having a tough go lately, but we think that now is the time to hit the boardwalk—you'll... Read more
Poker tables can be intimidating.... Read more
Atlantic City is shedding its reputation for having (how do we say this) less-than-decent food choices.... Read more