- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mauger Estate B&B Inn
At a Glance
- pleasant common room, with a library and a late-afternoon cookies-and-wine spread
- responsive and informed innkeeper
- good breakfasts, which they will pack to go on request
- at night, on the western fringe of Downtown, it can feel a bit sketchy for walking, but parking is secure
Check Rates from our Partners
Mauger Estate B&B Inn Review
This 1897 Queen Anne-style mansion—on the National Register of Historic Places—was the first home in Albuquerque to have electricity. While the mercantile Mauger (pronounced major) family is long gone (and the electricity long since upgraded, along with a detailed restoration throughout), this well-run B&B has retained many of the building's original architectural elements, including oval windows with beveled and "feather-pattern" glass, hardwood floors, high ceilings, a redbrick exterior, and a front veranda. Rooms—clean and contemporary with a restrained Victorian touch (seen best in the dark woods)—have refrigerators and baskets stocked with munchies, triple-sheeted beds with soft feather duvets, irons and boards, and fresh flowers. There's also a two-bedroom, two-bathroom town house next door. Guests have access to a full-service health club a few blocks away.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Country Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport in May: $73 & Up Expedia
- Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center in May: $107 & Up Expedia
- Incredible Savings: 4 Nts The Blue + Air Fr $396 Expedia
- $8.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- Albuquerque Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $98+/Nt — $98 Expedia
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more