- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Church Street Café
Church Street Café Review
Built in the early 1700s, this structure is among the oldest in New Mexico. Renovations have preserved the original adobe bricks to ensure that this spacious eatery remains as authentic as its menu, which features family recipes spanning four generations—with fresh, local ingredients and spirits employed to satiate streams of hungry tourists and locals. Request the courtyard for alfresco dining amid trellises of sweet grapes and flowers, and where classical and flamenco guitarist José Salazar often performs. Buttery guacamole, with just a bit of bite, is the perfect appetizer to prep one's palate for tender carne asada, redolent and sumptuously spiced. Try the house specialty, chiles rellenos stuffed with beef and cheese, or a portobello-and-bell-pepper fajita. Traditional desserts and hearty breakfast choices are also offered.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $42.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Albuquerque Hotwire
- Nativo Lodge Albuquerque in May: $95 & Up Expedia
- 3% OFF Clubhouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque! 3 Nts + Air Fr $700 Travelocity
- $7.20 & up : Compact rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- $53.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Albuquerque — $53 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more