- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Casa Vieja Review
Set in a rambling early-18th-century compound along the Corrales Scenic Byway, this purportedly haunted hacienda had bounced among a couple of different owners in recent years before falling into the very capable hands of talented chef and slow-food proponent Josh Gerwin. The atmospheric restaurant, with a large patio that's ideal in warm weather, earns raves for its creatively prepared, sustainable cuisine, which mixes local ingredients with global preparations, and top-notch wine list. You might start with a duck-confit tamale cooked in mole and served with a cilantro-chive-crème-fraîche sauce, before tucking into cast-iron-seared scallops with garlic-potato-and-scallion croquettes, cauliflower soup, and sorrel puree. The chipotle-buttermilk flan makes for a terrific ending.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $64.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Albuquerque Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Albuquerque this May Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- Unbeatable Price: 4 Nts The Blue + Air Fr $424 Expedia
- $7.60 & up : Compact rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- $52.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Albuquerque — $52 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more