- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hyatt Regency Tamaya
At a Glance
- this is
- it's way out there—factor in a 15-minute drive even into Downtown Bernalillo
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Review
This spectacular large-scale resort, on 500 acres on the Santa Ana Pueblo, includes a top-rated golf course, state-of-the-art spa, and cultural museum and learning center. Most rooms, swathed in natural stone, wood, and adobe and filled with pueblo-inspired textiles and pottery, overlook the Sandia Mountains or cottonwood groves; many have balconies or patios. Cultural events include bread-baking demonstrations (in traditional adobe ovens), storytelling, and live tribal dance and music performances. Other amenities include waterslides over two of the outdoor pools, atmospheric bars, guided nature walks, and hot-air ballooning nearby. Three restaurants all serve consistently excellent food. The Santa Ana Star Casino is a free shuttle ride away. And if you're looking for an exceptional horseback ride, arrange one with the Tamaya stables. As you drink in eyefuls of the spectacular pueblo backcountry and weave among trees and plantings, you'll wonder why you ever settled for the dull nose-to-butt riding experiences of yesteryear.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book Now & Save! Albuquerque Fr $39+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Albuquerque: Save this May Fr $121+/Nt Expedia
- Travel for Less! 4 Nts The Blue + Air Fr $424 Expedia
- $8.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Albuquerque Hotwire
- Book Now & Save! Albuquerque Fr $89+/Nt — $89 Travelocity
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more